John Tergen has created a Control Panel Applet for SIW, in order to start it.
Download the applet from http://www.gtopala.net/siw.cpl and save it in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory.
The applet's configuration is stored in Registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NKY Inc.\Siw).
If you want to know more about writing Control Panel Applets, here is The Book.
Today I got 5 reports that the recent update of the Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 finds the SIW 1.68 (English Version only) infected with a "TROJ_Generic" virus.
The Multilanguage Version is fine.
I've contacted Trend Micro by email and I got the following reply:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your email. A Service Request has been created to address your concerns.
Here are the details:
Service Request Number: 1-88278459
Accepted Time: 5/4/2007 1:58:11 AM [(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London]
Expected Response: Within 48 Hours
- New "Updates" module.
- Vista enhancements: computer role, activation status.
- Improved DEP detection.
- SMTP support for emailing the report.
- Fixed Internal Update (SIW 1.67 Build 625 has this bug).
- Chinese Language support. Thanks to Cloud.
- Updated XML Report.
Download SIW 1.68 from here.
- Added "Logical Disks" item.
- Added "Follow the Link" right-click menu.
- Added Windows Experience Index for Windows Vista.
- Added "/append" Command Line Argument.
- Added "Remote Licenses".
- "Licenses" works for ERD Commander 2005.
- Enhanced "Installed Programs".
- Enhanced "System Slots".
- Enhanced XML Reports.
- HTML Reports are Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional.
- Added /subject and /body Command Line Options.
- Updated Spanish Language. Thanks to Juan Rodríguez Parra
Download SIW 1.67 from here.